Questions tagged as ['guake']
I am using
guake version 3.0.5 on Ubuntu 18.04, but I see there are releases up to 3.8.1: https://github.com/Guake/guake/releases.
The Software Center in Ubuntu shows no updates are available.
How can I update
guake to the latest release?
I have found this to be a problem in general, i.e. I can see a new version is available but I don't know how to apply it. Uninstall and re-install? I tried
sudo apt upd ...
For example, Guake with no pop-up icon in the dock.
Each time I drop down the terminal with F12, it opens a dock icon. Can this be turned off so it just drops down?
I'm new to linux and started to learn. What i did:
- Created EC2 ubuntu instance
- Installed ubuntu desktop by following this instruction: https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/ubuntu-desktop-aws
- Connected via vnc through xTerm
- There is no gnome terminal on ubuntu desktop at all, even though I have installed it
- Installed Guake terminal
- When I press "-" in terminal then square appears. When I press letter "x" Guake ...
When I first open Guake by pressing
F12 anything I type does not appear, I need to click on the Guake window then I can type in it. From then on when I press
F12 it is automatically focused.
I have "refocus on open" already ticked in preferences.
I also run Conky on login, would that have anything to do with it or might it be just a bug with Guake?