I need to figure out how to buy a used server. What is the thing called that pulls out from a stack server an has a screen on it an keyboard?

in flag

I want to buy the computer that technicians use to repair or configure stack servers it looks just like a laptop but has hot swappable harddrives. I'm entering a i.t. program an I'd like to mess with building my own server while I do my schooling. Can anybody tell me what the hell that thing is called? It has a screen an keyboard an mouse pad I've searched the net for days an none of the pictures I've seen have the screen or keyboard they just keep showing me a flat box. Plz help

cn flag

I guess you are talking about a "Rackmount KVM"

But this does not have hard drives because it is not a full system. It only has monitor / keyboard / mouse which are connected via cables to the servers in the same rack


Post an answer

Most people don’t grasp that asking a lot of questions unlocks learning and improves interpersonal bonding. In Alison’s studies, for example, though people could accurately recall how many questions had been asked in their conversations, they didn’t intuit the link between questions and liking. Across four studies, in which participants were engaged in conversations themselves or read transcripts of others’ conversations, people tended not to realize that question asking would influence—or had influenced—the level of amity between the conversationalists.