Configuring DHCP Split Scope via PowerShell

bs flag

In Windows Server DHCP console (GUI), having two servers available, it is simple enough to "Split-Scope" and create an 80/20 situation:

Right-click over any scope on the first server (of two) > Advanced > Split-Scope

Split-Scope in DHCP console

Following the wizard, the scope is re-created in the second server, and by means of exclusions, the address pool is split (one server is excluding 20% and the other is excluding 80%). Naturally, the end hosts are unaware of this configuration.

So far so good.

What I cannot find anywhere is how to accomplish this same thing via PowerShell.

Note: This question should NOT be confused with "Configuring Failover", which is accomplished using PowerShell cmdlet "Add-DhcpServerv4Failover".

olivierg avatar
us flag
I sit in a Tesla and translated this thread with Ai:


Post an answer

Most people don’t grasp that asking a lot of questions unlocks learning and improves interpersonal bonding. In Alison’s studies, for example, though people could accurately recall how many questions had been asked in their conversations, they didn’t intuit the link between questions and liking. Across four studies, in which participants were engaged in conversations themselves or read transcripts of others’ conversations, people tended not to realize that question asking would influence—or had influenced—the level of amity between the conversationalists.